May 28, 2011

Living Room Makeover!

I needed a shelf above my TV and this was the perfect solution!  I can't take the credit though.  All I did was paint, sand and stain it.  There is a guy in our ward that owns a wood store and sells things unfinished and at such a good price!  I added the hardware-all by myself I might add.  Yah I even used the powerdrill...with no man help.  I found the perfect turquoise vases and white flowers to go with it too.  I have a different frame that I am putting there, but I haven't painted it yet.
I also wanted a bookshelf thing in the corner to replace some old college-days fake crap (can you tell I had bitter feelings).  So I found this beauty on Craigslist, and had the husband bargain a little for a good deal.  I painted it the perfect red :) and stained it!  I could not love it more!!

Then I got to go shopping for some new decor!  I added some yellow, blue, and red to go with the rest of the room.  I still want to get some yellow bookends of some sort.  I just ran out of energy.  Can you imagine me, 8.5 months pregnant out in the garage painting 4 freaking coats of this paint on?!  The fumes and hard to reach areas about killed me!

Here is the new look!  I had to move around a couple of other wall decorations too, but it all worked out and I feel like I have a new living room!

I know we've already seen this table, but this is the decor I think I have finally settled on.  I have changed it so many times.

1 comment:

Shalae said...

Wow! You've been busy! It's amazing how much you've completed! It all looks amazing too!