Mar 21, 2011

Quiet Books

Okay, I'm a nerd, but I am totally excited about these!  In fact I just finished them today and I am already blogging about it!  I was craft-blog-surfing yesterday (I love to do that on Sundays for some reason) and I found these free printable flashcard type things.  They are all church related and perfect for my kids!  I always wanted to make one of those fabric quiet books with all the zippers and buttons and all that...but lets face it, who has time for that??? I think my procrastinating paid off and now my kids are too old... right...two of them at least?

These topics are so basic and they are just right for kids.

Perfect!  The kids are all starting to memorize the Articles of Faith!

Okay, so I realize there's not a lot of "crafting" going on here, but can I just tell you how much I love simple and cheap projects?!  All I did was download these pictures, order them as 4x6 prints at Sam's Club one hour.  Then I planned on laminating and binding them...but I got smart and decided it would be cheaper (and a lot less work) to just buy $1.99 brag books and shove them in there.  SO easy and I LOVE the results!


We are headed out for a LONG car drive next week, so I decided to make a little learning book for my 2 yr old.  I think he might actually look at it because he loves cars so much!


And the final product.  I hope my kids will actually look at these in church and maybe learn something???  Maybe we will take these in the car too!

2 comments:

Shalae said...

I love them! Where did you find them? Do you mind sending me the link? I have one quiet book like this, but alas, I have three kids who always want to look at that one book . . . It usually never ends quiet :) I love the cheap, quick crafts as well!!!! So, are you coming to Vegas? Let me know. I'd love to see you guys if you have the time! ttys!

Kelly said...

How are these working with Owen? I think I may just need to copy you on these.