Mar 15, 2011

Boring Living Room Re-do

Step One: recover lampshade.  It was a beige color and it blended right in with the wall...boring.  So I bought a new shade, with a cooler shape, at Target, and some cute fabric at JoAnne's and used a lot of hot glue.   I am really digging this turquoise color lately with black or brown...or maybe both!  So I am going to try and add a little color slowly to the whole room, starting with this blue.
And I had these tan colored stick thingies in this vase, also blended right in with the wall, so I found super cute new ones at TJMaxx the other day for sooo cheap!  I love the colors with the blue!
Then I found this awesome pillow there too.  I am so in love with it.  I only wish there were two.  But that's the sacrifice you make when you shop at those kinds of stores I guess!  Take what you can find.  Plus I think I will go for lots of different color pillows anyway, not just turquoise.  Like yellow and black&white and maybe red.  Ooh, sounds fun doesn't it?!  Next step is buying some furniture to paint and distress.  I am going for a "shabby chic" meets semi-modern look.  I am sick of the old red, green, brown...blah blah blah....wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You have been busy! That pillow is so cool. I want it! Nice work on the lamp shade too.

The Wolfs said...

WAY TO GO! Kelly told me you added some blue so fun!!!!